Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You Make Me Sad.


Anyone who knows me, or knows me well enough, knows I am a contradiction when it comes to emotion.

Let me explain:
1. I am a very emotional person sometimes, and can cry for no reason.
2. I have no trouble telling people I don't like, how much I don't like them or the things they do.
3. I have never been able to truly tell people what I am feeling inside, especially when someone hurts or upsets me.
4. I have trouble formulating sentences out loud.

Okay, so you get the idea. So last night I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone, and I told him these exact words, "you make me sad." And while this may sound like something my 1 1/2 year old nephew may say, (okay, I'll admit, maybe not yet, but he is smart!), this is a milestone in Tiffany's life!

This is HUGE for me. I am often so bottled up when it comes to those kinds of emotions that I am extremely proud of myself.

I feel this is the first step of a lot of emotional disclosures in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment