Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter

I love Easter. It is my favorite Holiday. Favorite. Ever.

I have loved Easter since I was a little girl. Always.

More than Christmas, more than my birthday. Easter was always a happy time in my life.


College is especially hard this time of year. (College is hard in general, for many reasons). But right now is when I wish I were at home.

I want to be filling plastic eggs with candy.

I want to be hard-boiling eggs and dying my fingers bright colors as I try to create the masterpiece egg.

I want to be preparing Easter dinner, by buying all the necessities.

I want my mom and my brothers.

I really am not sure why Easter is my favorite...

Sometimes I attribute it to Springtime

Sometimes I attribute it to a "less intensive" or "less stressful" holiday-- not as much about gifting and feeding, just happiness and being together.

Sometimes I attribute it to bright colors and tasty candy (I swear to goodness Easter M&Ms, the pastel ones, taste SOOO much better than regular ones. No lie.)


I know the real meaning of Easter is the rising of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that without Him my life would have no meaning whatsoever. I know that with my Savior everything is possible. I also know how extremely blessed and grateful I am to have that knowledge in my life.

With Him, things make sense.
With Him, things hurt less.
With Him, miracles happen.


Whatever the reason, I love my Savior, I love His sacrafice for me, and I love the Holiday we have to celebrate His life he lived and died for each and every individual who has ever walked the earth.

Easter is something worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment