Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Relocation

Well, today my brother relocates his family to Germany.


Kind of a sad day.


Things got better after my last post, I think it was a combination of getting the stomach flu that week on Sunday night and having it until Tuesday or so, and not feeling well. I usually am over-sensitive when I don't feel good.

I'm kind of sad about my brother's move.

I mean, it's not like we were super close and spent all the holidays together or anything. In fact, I'll probably see him just as much or more than I did when he lived in the states, but moving out of the country just seems so much worse. I don't know if that's the right word, but you catch my drift I'm sure.


I'm happy for Brent and his family, and I think this is a great opportunity for them. I'm just sad for me.

I spent 2 blissful weeks with my niece Emma, and it was good medicine. She is such a character and I love her so much.

Also, it's the most time Brent and I have spent together since he first got home from his mission. Also good medicine.

Right before he left he asked me if it was going to be awkward.


I asked what?

He said, when you get married and pregnant, is it going to be awkward?

I said, No more awkward than you talking about Patty's boobs. (My sister in law, Patricia is breast feeding my other niece Lilly.)

It's weird to think, in four years, I likely could be married, and I likely could have children and/or be pregnant. My poor brother, has to see his baby-sister get old and grown up.

This is me and Brent at the airport right before they left. That's a good story I'll tell another day. It's not the best one of me, but it's the only one he's looking at the camera. Stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment