Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Procrastinating

I never used to be so bad at procrastinating. Sure, we all do it in some form or other, but here I am thinking to myself, holy smokes! it's already November!

And instead of doing my homework that is due tonight and tomorrow, I've decided to post on my blog instead.

I will officially be done with my time on campus December 10th. Ever! I mean EVER!

It's a very strange feeling knowing that I will be done with my schooling for a while. In fact, it's strange that my family keeps asking me about graduation, what day, what time, etc. Crazy huh. I am going to start my student teaching, and my task of finding a "real" job in a matter of weeks. Literally. In 2 months tomorrow, on January 3rd, I start student teaching.

Then, on February 23rd, I take flight to New Zealand, and start teaching there on February 28th. I'm excited and nervous and excited. It's a really bizzarre feeling.

For those of you who are wondering, because I know you are because I'm asked constantly what I'm going to do when I graduate, this is my current plan.

I'm going to start applying for jobs in early January, probably around the same time I start student teaching. I have a few places that I'm interested in applying, though I don't think it fair for me to be too picky.... I am looking into DOD teaching, which is military teaching in other countries. I'm also looking into the Colorado Springs area, or Montana, or Wyoming...

Really, what I'm telling you is I have no idea. I know that I just want to get a job.

Well now that this post has been more of an I don't know what my future holds post, instead of the intended procrastination post, I hope you enjoyed. I'll try to keep you a little more updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment