Saturday, April 17, 2010

Start Living

That's the next thing on my list.

There's a Toby Keith song that keeps playing in my head.

It starts:

Under an old brass paper weight, is my list of things to do today.
Go to the bank and the hardware store, put a new lock on the cellar door.
I cross 'em off as I get 'em done, but when the sun is settin'
There's still more I than a few things I haven't got to yet.
Go for a walk, say a little prayer, take a deep breath of mountain air,
Put on my glove, and play some catch, it's time that I make time for that.
Wade the shore, cast a line, look up an old lost friend of mine
Sit on the porch, and give my girl a kiss,
Start living; that's the next thing on my list.
Wouldn't change the course of fate, if cuttin' the grass just had to wait,
'Cause I got more important things, like pushing my kid on a backyard swing.
I won't break my back for a million bucks I can't take to my grave,
So why put off for tomorrow, what I could get done today.
Like, Go for a walk, say a little prayer, take a deep breath of mountain air,
Put on my glove, and play some catch, it's time that I make time for that.
Wade the shore, cast a line, look up an old lost friend of mine
Sit on the porch, and give my girl a kiss,
Start living; that's the next thing on my list.
Raise a little hell, laugh 'til it hurts, put an extra five in the plate at church
Call my folks just to chat, it's time I make time for that.
Stay up late, and oversleep, show her what she means to me,
Catch up on all the things I've always missed, just start living.
That's the next thing on my list.

I love this song.

I realized, after I posted about regrets, this song really comes into play. There are so many things I don't want to look back on and say "I wish I had..." or "what if..."

So this song, will become my theme song, until I find another one.

There are so many little things about living our lives, that I think often we forget the importance.

I live in Logan, Utah, and I don't want to have to say I never have experienced it. I've been here for 4 years, and I think it's time I start living.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment