Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thinking

I have been thinking a lot.

Just about an array of topics.

  • I have been asked out 3 times in the last 2 weeks. This is not normal behavior for boys around Tiffany. This has brought on a lot of activity in my mind.
  • Kale and Valerie are having serious problems. This makes my heart hurt.
  • School. I'm almost done. What am I going to do with my life in a year from now?
  • New Zealand. I have an opportunity to Student Teach there next year. Excited!
  • Brent, Lilly, Emma, Patricia. I get to spend a little over a week with them before they move to Germany for several years.
  • Money. I need it. I don't have it. School. Paying.
  • Logan. How little I've come to really appreciate this amazing place I have spent the last 4 years of my life.
  • Brother Krogue. My institute teacher. Truly inspiring. Love him and what he teaches me every day.

Anyway, lots on my mind as of late. It got me thinking, (imagine that). All of these topics ALL, and I mean ALL tie back to one thing. And one thing only:

Regrets. The ones I have, the ones I don't want to have.

I realize that I don't want to live my life with regret. I don't want to do anything that would cause me to feel this HORRIBLE emotion. Ever. I've felt enough of it, that I don't want to feel it anymore.

Therefore, I've deemed my last year at Utah State as my "No Regrets" year. I've realized there's so much I want to do and see that I've neglected for 4 years. I'm in the process of creating a list of the things I really want to do next year so I don't leave Logan ever thinking "I wish I had...." or "if only...."

These are two phrases I am going to slowly remove from my vocabulary and in so doing, I hope to fill my life with joy and a deeper understanding.

1 comment: