Wednesday, January 19, 2011

All you Need is Love


I just bought this adorable sign from Hobby Lobby last week.

Everytime I see it, I start singing the Beatles song. And I realize, all I really do need is love.

I used to hate that saying. Mainly because finding "love" is hard for me. But this sign helps remind me what Love really is.

Love is loving yourself for yourself. Loving who you are in spite of you. I know the same is true for when you have someone special in your life, because for a short time I did have someone special in my life, and I loved him in spite of him.

But it's loving yourself. It's knowing that people around you, love you. It's knowing your Heavenly Father loves you. It's loving your Heavenly Father. It's loving the people around you. It isn't the mushy gooshy nonsense. At least not to me. To me it's so much deeper, and yet so much more surface level than that.

To me, simply put, it's loving yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment