I found this sign when on my drive home to Colorado. So I'm kind of cheating at my "daily photo" but I wanted to share this picture none the less.
When I saw this sign, I was almost in shock. I've encountered MANY people while at Sam's Club who think it's appropriate for them to carry on a conversation on their cell phones and are irritated when I interrupt them for the necessary questions to finish their transactions. But I never found it necessary to post a sign, as this McDonald's has.
I cry for humanity and for the society we have created. We have lost the courtesy to hang up the phone long enough to simply go through a drive through and order food. We keep telling ourselves (speaking as society, and not for myself) that we are more connected because of texting and cell phones, but in reality, we're not. We're more disconnected than we have ever been. We don't have the common courtesy to give 5 minutes of our time to a poor minimum wage working high schooler who doesn't want to be there in the first place.


No comments:
Post a Comment