Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Bad Day

I know that this month, I'm supposed to be posting about things I am thankful for, but today I am having a BAD day, and am having a hard time thinking of much I can be thankful for.

I guess I am thankful for bad days, because it makes me appreciate the non-bad days that much more.


So now that we have my "thankful" can I tell you about my bad day?

I don't know why it was so "bad" but I kind of woke up that way. I woke up feeling out of sorts and unrested. I took a shower and got ready to go to church. I was running a little behind, but not much, and my roommate says "I'm leaving. Do you want me to save you a seat?" I responded sure. She left and I started to cry. I went back to bed in my dress and just lay there for 2 hours. I couldn't muster myself to get up again.

When I finally got out of bed, I changed clothes and cleaned up my room, thinking that is why I didn't feel well. When things get messy, my focus becomes messy, so I cleaned my room, and my desk. Still felt blahzay. So I got my stuff together so I could go to the library, but the library was closed. My luck.

So I just kind of drove around Logan for a while. My mom called, which you would think would make me feel better, but it didn't. It just made everything worse, because she doesn't like to listen to me for some reason.

I then took cookies to some friends, and they were thankful, but it just wasn't doing any good. I don't know why, but today has been bad.

I don't like being sad. It doesn't help that people exacerbate that sadness by saying and doing things. Even little things.

I think it's because the holidays are so close, and I don't get to go home. I like having a job, indeed I'm very thankful that I have my job, but I miss home. I miss my doggies. I miss the smell. I miss the scene. I just really want to go home.

I am stuck in Logan due to my job this week. I don't get to go home. I have to close the night before Thanksgiving, and I work the next morning.

I really was okay with this. Until my roommate kept telling me I wasn't allowed to stay by myself, and I wouldn't be okay. Etc., etc. But really I was. She insisted I had to go to her house, and as much as I don't like being with my family, I like being with her family even less.

But she's made me so angry about it, that now I'm not okay with it... or maybe I'm not okay with her. Either way, I'm peeved.

Whatever. I just want to go home. I also want her to stop badgering me. I'm sorry for the whiney post, but really? Really?

I'm praying tomorrow will be a good day. I need a good day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment