Today I woke up early. I couldn't sleep. The one day I am able to sleep in for as long as I want, and I can't.
I'm not super excited about this day, but I'm not dreading today either. I guess I'm kind of lackadaisical about today.
Last night when I got home from work there were about 10 cars outside my complex. Now there's just mine.
I am sad I don't have a close family, because if I did, I wouldn't have gone as far away as I did. But I needed to get away from my family when I was 17. I needed a change.
Now, I sit looking out the window wondering if all was worth it. I'm guessing so. I don't know yet. Maybe when I'm in a black cap and gown next year receiving my diploma, I will feel as if being far away was worth it.
But truly today, I have so much to be thankful for:
I have my life.
I have my faith.
I have the gospel.
I have my almost finished degree.
I have my family.
I have a roof over my head every night.
I have warm blankets.
I have shoes on my feet.
I have clothes on my back.
I have an institution which allows me to hold my opinions, while teaching me the opinions of others.
I have my life.
I have opportunities.
I have the ability to attain the American Dream
I have friends.
I'm sure I could go on and on. But, I am very blessed.
I have so much.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment